Ignite Presque Isle is hiring a highly motivated Chief Executive Officer ("CEO") for their 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, located in Presque Isle, Maine. This nonprofit agency is a unique business model that is innovation and hospitality focused. Ignite Presque Isle owns and operates the only full-service hotel property in Aroostook County, Maine. Our new CEO will need to specialize in the development, operations and management of the full property including hotel, restaurant, bar, and innovation center, the first co-workspace in Northern Maine.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in human resources management, organizational management with a proven record of success. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we're looking for!
The CEO is responsible for the overall business strategy of Ignite Presque Isle ("Ignite PI") reporting directly to the Board of Directors. They are responsible for leading the development and implementation of organizational infrastructure, in relation to need and available resources and to facilitate achievement of operational goals.
- Financial Reporting and Profitability
- Overall Fundraising Strategy including the Grant Strategy, Applications, and Overall Fundraising Opportunities
- Overall Business Strategy and Leadership
- Human Resources
- Legal and Regulatory Filings
- Leadership and Oversight of the Innovation Center
- Marketing and Public Relations Strategies
- Vendor Relationships
- Oversight of all Operations including Hotel and Restaurant
- Assess and Manage Operational Risks
- Coordinate Interaction and Ensure Streamline Stakeholders, Cross-Functional Teams, and Leadership.
- Manage Process Enhancements and varied Special Projects to Execute Solutions to Attain Key Performance Improvement and/or Reduce Risk.
- Community Awareness and Outreach
- Governmental and Administrative Agencies Relationships including Local, State and Federal Entities
The CEO ensures the development, implementation and evaluation of activities and identifies opportunities to improve results and drives accountability throughout the organization.
The CEO must be a seasoned leader with knowledge and expertise in both community-building endeavors within the non-profit platform as well as be rooted in strategic planning, human resources, financial reporting, capital projects, fundraising, teambuilding, and board partnership.
The CEO must also be a highly collaborative leader who can work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders, colleagues, and community members. The CEO provides active oversight while ensuring high performance and effective communication among team members
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent of a combination of education and professional experience.
- A minimum of 7 years leadership work experience in non-profit or for-profit agency operations, and/or corporate operations specifically in the executive management role with a focus in leading teams, strategic planning, goal setting, sales/marketing or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of finances and budgetary processes including fund and asset management.
- Ability to organize and coordinate operations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of office computer systems and software.
- Excellent attention to detail; proven organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Knowledge of hospitality, preferred.
- Knowledge of Aroostook County attributes, preferred, however not required.
Base Salary of $88,000 - $100,000
Position open until filled. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and references to HR@ignitepi.org.